Saturday morning we left and headed to San Jose. My "little brother" JT was finally getting married. We have known each other forever. Our dad's went to Cal Poly together and our families spent many years celebrating holidays together and camping together. When JT was 4 or 5 and I was 9 or 10, he decided he was going to marry me. The wedding was at a private estate called Nestledown (actually in Los Gatos). The owner wanted to create a place where weddings and special events could be held. It was back in the redwood trees and I wish I had gotten some of the pictures from my mom because it was so beautiful. Lots of trees, greenery and flowers. There was a "barn" (nicer than any barn I've seen) with windows to the ceiling where the reception was held. There was a two story tree house, a Hansel & Gretel type house with furniture and electricity in it that kids would have a great time playing in, a little train that took you around the property, two different ponds with koi fish, and waterfalls. Wow! It was a beautiful location for a wedding. It was great to visit with friends we haven't seen for a while. We had delicious food and fun dancing the evening away. I'll post some pictures when I get them from my mom. We drove back to San Luis Obispo the next day and stopped at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk to sightsee on the way. We had fun walking and looking at all of the rides and arcade games. Jim and the girls had a good time looking at themselves in the funny mirrors.
Jim went motorcycling with his brother Monday morning while we girls did our usual shopping at the outlet stores. We got home without too much problem with traffic. I was a little worried since it was Memorial Day. It was a great weekend. School will be out in about 2 weeks. I think I'm ready for it.
2 comments:
Sounds like you all had a great time and some summer fun.
I can't believe how much Alyson looks like you (Paula) in the picture where the girls are all jumping.
Post a Comment