Sunday, April 5, 2009

Amelia Got 3rd Place

Waiting to begin.

It's Junior Olympics time again. Amelia participated for the 2nd year in a row in Running Long Jump. Last year she was disappointed because she twisted her ankle in one of her practice jumps so she didn't do so well on the competition jumps. This year she came in 3rd Place in the 4th/5th grade girls group (there were 21 schools participating from the District, I'm not sure how many girls were in her event).


She knows that she scratched the first jump, her second jump was 9'2", but didn't hear about her other jump. While we waited to hear the results she was so excited and nervous. Then when they announced the school participants to come to the medal stand and heard White Oak. She almost exploded with excitement. She ran down to the field and couldn't figure out which gate to go through. It was great to see her accomplish something like that. Don't you love the orange shirts her school picked out? I call it Post-it Note Orange. I helped the coach at practices so I got a shirt too.

Amelia with her ribbon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Amelia!!!!! Paula- Where's the picture of you in the post-it note orange Shirt?