Friday, March 20, 2009

Prom

Well, Jamie is going to the Mormon Prom again. I haven't updated this with all the drama because it was a bit of a sensitive subject, but now I will. Jamie got asked to go to Prom on Valentine's Day and then we shopped for material and bought stuff and the next day the boy told her he liked his ex-girlfriend and couldn't go to the Prom with her. Hello! What are teenage boys thinking? I don't have experience with them, but how do you ask a girl to the Prom and then 3 days later decided you like your old girlfriend still? I put the material away so it was out of sight and then 2 days ago I was telling Jamie how people were trying to fix her up with someone to go and she said the boy said he would like to still take her. Jamie is so not a drama queen, but drama sure follows her around. I guess the clock is ticking so I need to get working on the dress.

7 comments:

Laura said...

i'm glad you're going through all of this before my girls get to be teenagers--i'm fully planning on using your expertise! should i refrain from saying the boy sounds like a jerk? good luck, jamie!

Heather said...

What???????? Jamie sure is a nice young lady. Good luck with the dress you will do a great job. I can't wait to see pictures soon.

Laura said...

hi amelia! we got your christmas card! i love your haircut. we miss you a lot and wish we could be back in california.
liesel & gwyneth

Ann said...

I've learned from last year, that it is best to keep an eye out for a dress, or start making one early- even if they don't have a date. Jennifer decided to go at the last minute with a bunch of friends so we had a week to do her dress.

Karalee said...

I would have a hard time allowing her to go with him. Guess you are a better person then I am!

Karalee said...

-Kelsey
Too bad!Now you are going to work all day!Teens,they are so crazy!

the Roberts said...

I can't wait to see the dress. I am definitely not anxious for the teen years. No boy better break a date with my daughter:)