Whew! It has been a busy month. I guess going to school, working part-time, being Primary President, and having a family keep me very busy. I have been so stressed out lately I haven't even looked at my friends blogs. It was going to make me feel guilty. I have never been good at keeping a journal (obviously). I did have a fun weekend last weekend (thanks Mindy) scrapbooking with friends in Newport Beach. Even though it rained and was too short, I had a great time. Monday night as I was getting ready for bed, Alyson came to me and said she had gotten an itchy rash on her arms and legs. I looked at it and she had hives all over her arms, legs, stomach and neck. I haven't ever seen such a bad breakout. I gave her 2 benedryl pills as we tried to figure out what she had eaten. She had taken a multi-vitamin that morning for the first time. Tuesday morning she said she felt better so we gave her a benedryl before she left for Seminary. I got a text at work saying that she was itching again, so I left work early and picked her up. She took more benedryl and seemed to be better. I stayed home yesterday because I had a sore throat and headache. Then I got a call from school saying that Alyson was complaining of her chest and throat feeling tight. We had joked with her on Monday that she could use her epi-pen if she got real bad (she got one because of her reaction to bee stings). I picked her up, gave her another pill and took her straight to the doctor. She started feeling better since the pill kicked in, but the doctor told her no strenuous activity this week (she and Jamie just started Track at school) and gave her an inhaler to help reduce the swelling in her lungs. I guess we will avoid the multi-vitamins for her. Hopefully she will be fine today. I am feeling better today too. Yesterday, I just wanted to go back to bed, but didn't have much of a chance. I guess that brings me up to date (though kind of boring).
2 comments:
No its not boring Paula! Poor Alyson. That's scary.
Sorry to hear you and Alyson haven't been well. Stress doesn't help either. Hope next week will be better.
Post a Comment