Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

What a wonderful day we had. It started with a breakfast of pink heart shaped pancakes and Valentine's. The pressure is always on for me at Valentine's Day because we make each other unique cards and being married to the man I am - he's a lot more creative than I am-it's too much. A few times I have come up with something good, but he will make me something spectacular. This year I got a wrapped box that said "You want me to be your Valentine? I'm game!" and it was "Apples to Apples" (a game our family wanted to get for Christmas and didn't). His usually have something to do with a work project. I made him an iPod Touch out of scrapbook paper and put on it "u Touch my heart" (he got an iPod touch for Christmas and is always playing with it). Then we went off to the Church for our Primary Activity. I talked about love and serving others (like Jesus). I gave the kids hearts and they joined the Secret Service Club. Then we decorated heart cookies to take home to the families (and a few extras for the Bishopric - Yum!), made valentine cards for their family (and the Bishopric), and then played games like "Duck, Duck, Goose", hid the heart and did "Hot" or "Cold" til they found it, and "Hot Potato" with a heart. I think the kids had a really good time. Then it was home for a quick lunch and Jim and I headed off to the temple. He asked what I wanted to do and that was my suggestion. On the way home we were trying to decide if we could go to dinner and Costco before Jamie's date and Alyson going babysitting. We ended up picking up Amelia and racing to Costco before they closed, getting a pizza, and getting home before Jamie's date. We sent Jamie off (to a game night with Chocolate Fondue for dessert). She also got asked to the Mormon Prom in April. I wish I had dates when I was 16. She has had a lot of fun ones. Now we have to find a modest dress. I might try to make one if we can find a pattern. We ended our evening playing "Disney Uno" with Amelia. What a great day to spend with family and sharing love. Isn't Valentine's Day great?

5 comments:

diane b said...

It sounds like you had a busy happy day.

Heather said...

so fun. What a great idea for a primary activity. I hope I remember that one for next year.

Mattson Family said...

What a great day! I think it is so sweet that you make your cards instead of buying ones already made. Sigh...how romantic.
Taylor was bummed she didn't get to go to the activity. Glad it went well!

Karalee said...

Sounds like you had great creative ideas this year. Good job. Oh yah, and my kids had a fabulous time at the activity!

KMJ said...

Did my Joseph go to that activity? He is home now!