Friday, February 13, 2009

My Mom

Today was my mom's birthday. I love my mom. She is just the greatest person on the planet. She is a great example to me of Christlike behavior - she is always helping other people and volunteering for things. I am thankful for all the time we are able to spend together. Being the youngest, I got to have her all to myself for a year when I was a teenager and the others had left home. We went on trips together and now I have her so close (less than a mile away) that we get to see each other all the time. I know everyone says teenage girls aren't supposed to like their moms, but that never happened for me. I was always glad to spend time with her. I'm glad that she has been a good influence on my girls in their lives. She is always there for their concerts, school plays, piano recitals, church talks, and when they needed a babysitter (we didn't want to take advantage of her). Thanks Mom for all you have done for me and my family. I love you!!!!

3 comments:

KMJ said...

how sweet. You really are lucky to be so close to your mom-- as friends and in proximity. I miss my mom every single day!

Pam said...

You are lucky! She is a very cool Mom! I think that your Mom is great also!!

diane b said...

Happy Birthday to your Mum.