Well, we survived it all. The girls' choir performances were wonderful. Definitely worth all the craziness with all the practices. I even survived my first final! Only one more to go next Wednesday. This one will be a little harder than the first. Yesterday I even got the Christmas "vomit" cleaned up so the house doesn't look so bad. Today the real fun began, I started baking Christmas Goodies! I know I always make the same things every year, but people seem to enjoy what I make so why mess with something good? I baked some cookies earlier today and when I finish with this I will go make some fudge and Rocky Road Squares. A couple of days ago, each of the girls went into the pantry and commented about the mini marshmallows on the shelf. How each of them noticed the bags I had just bought when it's like a messy grocery store in there, I'll never know. The marshmallow radar must have been on because Jim walked in later that day and noticed them too. Then he shouted, "Yes! You're gonna make Rocky Road Squares!!!" and then he started dancing and the girls all joined in. How can I stop making those treats that I can't even eat because they are too sweet? Traditions just have to continue sometimes. Well, I'm off to make those chocolatey, peanuty, gooey treats. Hope you are all enjoying the season!
4 comments:
yes!!!!! i love rocky road squares
YUM!!! Rocky Road Squares are my favorite too. I never make them, I only have them when I visit you at xmas time :). Maybe Julia and I should whip up a batch when y'all are here.
I think I need the recipe! Sounds YUM!!
Ok Paula I almost called you last year for the recipe because I was craving them and you weren't there to make them for me. I would LOVE the recipe, they really are my favorite.
Post a Comment