Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Hello from Helotes!

Well we finally made it to Suzanne's house. Texas is a really big state to drive through. Suz kept calling me yesterday and asking where we were. I kept looking around at nothing and saying in the middle of nowhere. We stopped in Fort Stockton for gas and lunch and Julia decided that it would be a place on her "List of Places to NOT Live in". She said it would be 2nd to the entire state of New Mexico. Maybe she's just a true California Girl. We got to Suzanne's about 6:30 pm last night and the kids had a great time playing video games (of course) and we had a yummy dinner. This morning Suzanne and I headed to the nearest HEB for some last minute groceries with everyone else in town. It's interesting that you can buy any kind of Texas star/state/flag metal artwork you want at the grocery store. Jim and Craig took Ty, Julia and Jamie to the mall to shop and then Suz and I ran to Target for a few more things. We go to a friend's house for dinner and a Christmas pageant tonight. Hope you are all enjoying the festivities as the day draws near. Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hey I just made marshmellow fudge it seems kinda giggly, is that normal. I am letting it chill to set up, wish me luck

diane b said...

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your sister.