Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Road Trip!!

We finally finished all the Christmas activities: the piano recital, class parties, gift exchanges (why do high schoolers get extra credit for bringing gifts to school?), Alyson's piano solo in Sacrament Meeting (I've never seen her so nervous), and goodies delivered to Home Teaching families. We are now in El Paso, Texas on our way to Helotes to visit my sister's family for Christmas. Jim got home about 9:30 pm after home teaching on Sunday night and we loaded up the van with suitcases and gifts. After we were done I wondered where the girls were gonna fit. Here is a photo of them after we stopped for lunch.
We left Simi at 5:00 am and headed out in the rain. It didn't rain for long, but there sure was a lot of snow on the mountains even through Palm Springs. It was really beautiful. The ride went well, except we can't figure out why the dvd player and tv won't work. I guess we would have had more room if we had known and Alyson and Amelia hadn't packed the playstation (including Guitar Hero guitar) and 40+ hours of movies for the trip. The girls were great on the first day, we'll see how it goes today. There wasn't any fighting or "don't touch/breathe on me"s. Does traveling really get easier as they get older?

2 comments:

Heather said...

traveling for Christmas is crazy, you have fun! I refuse to leave my house until after Christmas day. Are you stopping in Phoenix?

diane b said...

That is a challenge, a long road trip with children but I'm sure it must get easier as they grow up. Then comes the day when they don't want to come with mum and dad any more and want to do their own thing.