Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Twilight Premiere



Jamie is totally obsessed with the Twilight books (maybe totally obsessed is too strong). I have read them and I plan on going to see the movie, but I have to admit, the 4th book ruined it for me. I really liked them until the 4th. Anyway, back to Jamie, she went to Westwood last night to see the stars go into the theater for the premiere. I let her get out of school early (she promised that she wasn't missing anything important) and she rode down with a few other obsessed girls. They almost got to stand along the red carpet, but cut it off 20 people before them. They ran to find a spot along the street and ended up across the street in front of a donut shop from the drop off point at the theater so they could see the stars get out of the cars. The donut shop let them use a crate to stand on to see and the donut shop sold buckets for $1 so the girls bought some to stand on. They waited for like 50 hours (in Jamie's time), it was only like 4 for them to start to arrive. And then the stars began to arrive getting out of their limos and fancy cars. Edward and Bella didn't arrive in a silver Volvo. Cam Gidget (plays James) and the girl who plays Victoria came over near them. Jamie saw Edward run his fingers through his hair! AAAHHH! (That's a direct quote) It was quite the event with lots of screaming teenage girls all around. If you squint your eyes you can see Edward in this picture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Jamie had FUN! Just remind her that it was her super cool aunt that let her borrow the books in the first place.

The pictures of them lined up remind me of a certain couple of sisters and a bff who spent the night/lined up early to watch the Rose Parade one New Years Eve. (WHAT were we thinking?)

Heather said...

I am so struggling to get through the last book. I am not rushing to go to the movie, I figure it will be the same movie the 3rd week as it is the 1st. However I can't think of anything more exciting than to be a teenage and get to experience the premier. So fun that she go to go.

Laura said...

that's so funny. i have to admit that i'm a bit of a fan. maybe not enough of one to buy a bucket and stand on it for 4 hours, but i am going to go see the movie!