
About two years ago Amelia decided to cut her hair off (12 inches of it) and donate it to Locks of Love. I thought it was a good opportunity for her to do something nice for others who are sick and maybe feel bad because they have lost their hair. We knew two kids around her age that were suffering from cancer and it helped up to realize how blessed we are to have a healthy family. I had a hard time with it because her hair is so beautiful (can you have hair envy when it's your own child?). I know she didn't inherit it from me. Well, today SHE DID IT AGAIN!

This time is seems so much shorter and I'm sad. I don't know why it is so hard for me, it is only hair. I think it is one more step to growing up and I'm not ready for her to do that. I have to remember it will be easier for her to wash and brush.
4 comments:
Oh her hair is beautiful. I think she looks darling with it short. She is amazing to do that twice.
I feel your pain, I remember feeling that exact same way when Jessika cut hers off for the same reason. Sniff Sniff they are growing up.
I think she looks adorable with it short. And I can't really tell by the pictures if she looks older or younger now! Where did she get that great hair? Certainly not from our side of the family!
I also love that she has such a charitable, giving heart!
so cute! i remember the first time she did it. i can't believe it grew so long so fast! or have i been gone longer than i think?
Kelsey loves being able to dress more like twins with their matching short hair. If it brings our girls closer, does it ease some of the pain?
Post a Comment