I guess I've been busy (again), but I have been thinking each day of things I'm thankful for. I think today I focused mostly on my girls. I know everyone has always reacted... negatively isn't the right word, but amazed that we have FOUR daughters. Oh Boy! they always said. You are in for trouble. Don't you want to try for that boy? At the time they were all little I didn't think much about it, but now I can see where they were coming from. Girls do get more difficult as they approach the teen years, but their personalities are still the same. We do have a lot of highs and lows, but I really wouldn't change anything. Julia is always one to have to do things her own way and that's okay. We love her for her love of life and the way she just jumps right in with both feet, no testing the waters with her. She has gone off on her own and found a life she is happy with. She has a lot of courage. Jamie is the opposite. She approaches things a little more slowly and thinks more first. She is always a caring friend who listens. We love her for her calmer nature. We always have compared Julia to the hare and Jamie the tortoise. It is still the same. Alyson is so smart and loves to read and tell a story. She has now decided that she would like to be an author someday and is now writing some books of her own. I'm very pleased that she has focused on something she enjoys so much. She is very stubborn and likes things her way and these qualities aren't always bad. I like the way she stands up for what's right. Amelia is really a combination of all of them. Sometimes I see a little of Julia, somedays a little Alyson, a lot of times I see Jamie. She is happy most of the time, loves school and her friends, and she is willing to do what others want. I have seen her reach out to others that may need a little help. I love my girls and am thankful each day for them and the times we have shared. P.S. Day one of the food storage canning went well. Three came and the piles of food and cans are getting smaller. Only a few mistakes in calculating the number of cans needed and oxygen absorbers. Not bad for day 1!
5 comments:
You have great girls and I love them all as well. You have done well raising them!
that was fun reading about your girls. i miss you, and them!
I think your girls are so awesome because the are just like their AUNT! Just kidding. I LOVE your blog.
We're so blessed to include your family and especially your "rent-a-kid" in our circle of friends. Thanks for sharing a glimpse of how fun life can be with girls.
i love you mommy
Post a Comment