Monday, April 11, 2011

Anniversary #23

It really doesn't seem like we are that old, but we were really young when we got married so maybe we aren't so old after all. Jim and I celebrated our 23rd anniversary on March 25th. We started out the day by going to the temple after the girls left for school. I love the peace I feel whenever I am there. It also helps me know how much I truly love my husband. I am so glad I get to spend eternity with him. After that we headed to Disneyland. We were going to spend Friday and Saturday at the 2nd happiest place on earth and spend the night at the Disneyland Hotel. We got there about noon and checked in and had some snacks from the concierge room. We went to California Adventure to get fast passes for California Screamin. I have never been on it before (I stay with the kids who are afraid to go on it) and I was a little nervous. Jim was meeting someone to look at some stuff for work and get a behind the scenes tour of the park. We were carrying a backpack so I left my wallet in the room to keep it lighter, but I really needed to have it so I could go with Jim on the tour. They had given my pass to someone else and since I couldn't prove who I was, I sat in front of the park for an hour while Jim had the tour. We had such a fun time going on rides we wanted to and seeing the shows we wanted to see and not having to entertain the kids. It wasn't too crowded so we got on a lot of rides. We rode on the canoes, the Columbia ship, we went to Tom Sawyer's Island and we watched Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. We ate dinner in New Orleans Square and watched the World of Color and the Fireworks show from our 10th floor room with the music on the TV. Saturday morning we got to go to the park at 7:00 so we could ride on rides before the park opened. We went on all the Fantasyland rides and I even got to go on the submarine for the first time in my life. We had so much fun just laughing and not worrying about anything. We had buttons that said we were celebrating our anniversary so the cast members all talked to us and wished us Happy Anniversary.


2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow 23! Congratulations! That is fantastic.

Mindy said...

Sounds like you had a great time.