I hope it doesn't sound like I am complaining because it wasn't bad, just very busy. I will post pictures to try to catch up on things. I didn't take a camera to Idaho so I don't have any pictures of Jamie moving into her new apartment (sorry, Jamie, we still love you). It was a quick trip with Jamie and her 4 HUGE suitcases plus a carryon and her guitar. We flew into Salt Lake, stayed overnight at Alan and Heather's house and then drove to Rexburg. Jamie was glad to be back. We moved her in, went shopping for groceries, bought school books, and said goodbye. I drove back to Salt Lake and flew home. She is doing well and loving school and her new roommates.
The next week Amelia turned 13. How did my baby get to be a teenager? She is such a great girl and so far she is a great teenager. She had a party with friends where they had a mystery dinner (the kind where you order things and don't know what you will end up with). I think her friends enjoyed their spaghetti dinner without forks and cake and ice cream with fingers or knives. They laughed a lot.
During Spring Break we went to Disneyland with some friends and had the best time. I think the moms had more fun than the girls and I think we embarrassed them a little too. We especially had fun riding Big Thunder Mountain 3 times. It is my favorite ride.
Alyson got to go to Mormon Prom last night. She went with Austin Asplund which was a lot of fun since they have known each other for a long time. I made her dress and it actually wasn't too bad. I had some adjusting to do and had to rip seams out to get it to fit right. I experimented with some scrap fabric first so that was very helpful. The zipper wasn't as pretty as I would have liked, but I had to get the perfectionist out of my head so I could be happy with the job. I guess I am learning patience in my old age. She was happy and that is what matters.
Oh, Happy Mother's Day to all my friends!
1 comment:
Paula- the dress turned out great! Did the pattern have the cap sleeves or did you add those? they are cute. Patterns are so hard to find that are modest- I'm getting tired of addapting all the time.
Post a Comment