Does it ever get easier? I have loved every minute of being a mom (the funny ones and the frustrating ones) and now that two girls are gone away I am finding it isn't any easier. Jamie is having a great time in Idaho and excited about her new adventures. She was happy that they had their first snow the other day (it looked more like an ice pebble). Julia is enjoying life, but she is a little older and already experienced those "firsts" of being away for the first time, so not as much excitement from her. The worry about them gets worse. Julia has been sick for almost two weeks now and it is hard not being there to help her. She went to the Student Health Center because of a fever and sore throat at the beginning and was told she had an ear infection (when will she outgrow those?). After almost a week on antibiotics she felt worse. She spent the day at the Health Center doing blood tests and other tests to find out what was going on. I thought maybe it was mono. She was told it was in her tonsils and they gave her stronger antibiotics and a steroid to clear it up. After 4 days on those medications, she still can't talk and her throat is so swollen she is in constant pain. I found an ENT specialist for her to go see and now he called to tell me she has to spend the night in the hospital on IV antibiotics. I love being a mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment