Sunday, October 31, 2010

Another update

I was getting worried that I hadn't heard from Julia or her doctor this morning when we went to church so I took my phone and had it on vibrate just in case someone called or texted. I finally heard from her after church and she said she was feeling a little better and her roommates and some others visited her. She said she finally was given the ok to eat something more solid. Yesterday they were afraid she would choke so she was stuck with fluids. Last night she said she really wanted to go to Red Lobster and get all you can eat shrimp and then head across the street to Olive Garden for more. She is still in ICU. She said she was on a lot of drugs today (which is probably why she didn't respond to my texts)because they had done two scopes on her. It is hard being so far away from her, but the doctor said not to come. I guess in my last update I forgot to mention that the infection in her voice box is from too many antibiotics, the doctor said it is like thrush. I also notice that I keep saying that I talked to her or she said when actually all of our communication has been through texting. Maybe tomorrow I will hear her voice.

2 comments:

Heather said...

holy moly, I hope she is up and about very soon.

Pam said...

Matthew just got over Mono and I told him it could of been worse----he could of gotten it up at college where I would not be there to take care of him! How scary Paula! I am glad she is doing better----I hope she continues to improve :)