I love in "Finding Nemo" when Nemo is excited about school and his dad thinks he should wait another year to start. It's sooo not true. Parents love when school starts and kids don't. I mean we love our children, but there's nothing like the sound of a quiet house on that first day. Julia started school last week (she has a few classes left to get her AA degree). Jamie started her Senior year of High School. Where has the time gone? Alyson is now a Sophomore in High School and Amelia started 6th grade at the middle school. Amelia was so sad that school ended last summer and looked forward to school starting, but on Sunday she said she didn't want school to start. What? What happened to my child that liked school? I think she got nervous about the whole middle school thing - changing classes, having a locker, etc. She was excited that her friend Catherine was in her homeroom class. Alyson and Jamie finally finished their summer homework yesterday about 5:00. We sent them off with a yummy breakfast and then Alyson forgot her books and I had to call them to come back. Jamie said they almost died in a car accident on the way to school because someone turned right in front of them and stopped, lucky she's a good driver. They came home happy with their classes and teachers. Jamie will be taking an internship class where she gets to help at an elementary school the first two periods of the day. Alyson has a full load of honors courses so homework should be fun for her. Amelia said things went well until she and her friend couldn't find the band room for their orchestra class, but they ended up not being late. She said at lunch she and her friend sat down only to be shoved over by some 7th and 8th grade boys. She did have a few teachers that said "You have older sisters don't you." Her history teacher and PE teacher are ones that the other girls loved. Alyson had a little of that too. All in all a really good day. I had a nice time cleaning the house and having breakfast with some other moms (about 10) after dropping kids off for the day. I don't want you all to think that I was dancing around, shouting "Whoo Hoo" when the girls left the house. I was sad and almost ready to cry thinking that this is my last year with Jamie. What will I do without that girl?
THE BEST WEEKEND
2 days ago
1 comment:
i'm right there with you. the quiet and clean house is nice (really nice), but i miss my kids a bit. too bad i can't have both! the girls look SO grown up!!! what happened? tell jamie sorry, but she'll always be 13 to me.
Post a Comment