Monday, July 13, 2009

July so far...

July has been busy. Jamie and Alyson were able to go to Especially For Youth in Santa Barbara with cousins Erica, Danica, and Cami and friend Chelsie the last week of June. They had a fabulous time! There were several kids from here that they knew too. While they were gone we went to the Hollywood Bowl with my parents for a 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular with the LA Philharmonic and John Fogerty (from Creedence Clearwater Revival for those of you old enough to know that group). It was a lot of fun and the fireworks were good. Jamie and Alyson came home early on the 4th and we went to the Church BBQ and had a great time visiting and Amelia ran around with friends. Now that the fireworks show is at the park we have a great view from the back lawn at the Church. It was really pretty with the fireworks going off with the moon in the background. Julia even joined us for the food and fireworks. Alyson was home Sunday and Monday and then left early Tuesday morning to go to Indiana with Grandma Sharon and cousin Calvin to visit Uncle Marc, Aunt Penny, and Jaxon. She said she had a great time. Thanks Grandma and Barnetts for a fun visit!! She got home last night and didn't seem too tired after a busy couple of weeks. Julia started working for Nordstrom's last week and is going to be working in the jewelry department. She will be getting commission on all her sales so she is wondering how that will work. I think she'll do great! She says they have a lot of expensive items. I don't shop at Nordstrom's so I wouldn't know. Amelia finished diving and started a beginning strings class last week. She wants to play the violin. She is enjoying it so far. They have a concert on friday night and I'm curious to see what two weeks of 1 hour per day lessons does. Are we gonna need earplugs for the concert?? This week we will try to relax a little and get ready for the Greenall Family Reunion next week near Lake Shasta. I know the girls are excited to see cousins and we always have a great time. I sure am exhausted and I haven't done anything but drive people places.

No comments: