Thursday, July 2, 2009

Amelia's Diving Class

We have spent the last two weeks at the pool with Amelia taking a diving class. She has never dived (or dove? I still can't figure out the proper way of saying that. Both sound funny to me, maybe both are wrong) before and she decided to learn how. She did really did well I thought. She says the Olympics last year made her want to learn. They learned to do front tucks, front pikes, swan, front rollies (dive and flip under the water), flips, back dives, back inward and the full approach to do front dives. Here are a few pictures of her diving. She even jumped off the high dive (she actually tried it the first class). I remember jumping off it when I was a kid and being scared to death!

2 comments:

diane b said...

Brave girl!

Karalee said...

Looks like fun! Now on to violin lessons. Have you rented yours yet?