It has been 24 years since Jim and I got married. How time flies... We celebrated this year by going to lunch at our favorite Thai restaurant and then going to see Hunger Games. I was really excited to actually have a date and get to see a movie I have been waiting for. Our anniversary was actually on Sunday, but we went out on Saturday. It started with our trip to CSUN for Amelia's violin lesson and our walk around the campus (we figured we could get exercise while we wait for her). It was a nice day to be outside. Then we hurried home to change and go on our date. The restaurant wasn't crowded so we got to the theater really early and waited for the earlier movie to get out and then sat and waited. Someone told us it was really violent so I wasn't sure what to expect, but thought it wasn't too bad. I have seen worse things on tv. Oh, Alyson and Amelia went to the midnight show on Thursday night and loved it. They camped out at the Regal theater with friends for about 12 hours to get good seats (crazy kids). We both enjoyed the movie except JIm didn't like the mutts at the end. Sunday we came home from church and found water coming in above the stove and in the family room. I climbed up on a chair and was taking things out of the cupboard to see where the water was leaking in and had a Mag flashlight fall on my head and split my head open. Ouch! I guess that is why Police officers carry them around. I didn't notice the blood at first, but Amelia freaked out and Jim and Alyson said it wasn't bad. Then Jim spent time up on the roof trying to put tarps on the leaking areas. We wanted to get a picture of him drenched and me with my cut, but didn't think of it until we were cleaned up so just use your imaginations. That evening we had a delicious dinner at my mom's house. She always makes something yummy. It was quite an exciting celebration. I have the best husband in the world and I am so happy we get to be together.
No comments:
Post a Comment