Thursday, October 16, 2008

I am so brave

I finally got the courage to try something new on the computer.  I really enjoy reading and keeping up with friends this way so I'll give it a try.  Life is really busy for us.  Julia is in her second year of college at Cuesta College in San Luis Obispo.  She is working at Central Coast Gymnastics and working really hard in school.  Jamie just turned 16 last week and got her driver's license.  She is a Junior at Simi High School and doing well in school.  She is getting ready to take the ACT and thinking about college.  Alyson is 14 and a freshman at Simi High School.  She has just started early morning seminary and enjoys it, but thinks the boys are SO annoying (I tell her they are 14 and that's their job).  Amelia is 10 and in 5th grade.  She loves school!  I can't believe how old my kids are!  I just celebrated my birthday (it was kind of difficult to turn 40)!  A friend said to me that I needed to accept the fact that I am 40 because I have a 19 year old daughter.  Everyday is a joy and struggle with all the teenagers and drama that comes with them.  I wouldn't change it for anything.  I have decided to take a few classes at Moorpark College this semester.  I am taking Principles of Accounting (I got an A on my first test-woo hoo!) and an Excel computer class (computers scare me so this might be hard).  Jim still works at Animal Makers and has lots of interesting projects to work on.  Like right now he is building a Macaw and a Toucan for a pet store.  As you can see life is great!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Hoooray you started a blog. I am so excited! Your girls are getting so old but so cute. And I can't believe you are 40. I would have come out to celebrate that one.

Pam said...

Look who I found! I found you from Heathers blog. I am so glad that you have entered the wonderful world of blogging. Looks great!! And I so loved your program yesterday...it brought tears to my eyes also.

Laura said...

hi amelia! it's liesel and gwyneth. cool pumpkin. we miss you!