Monday, October 27, 2008

A Big Sigh!

The Primary Program is over for another year. My friend Janae really did a great job again. I really should not get stressed over it anymore because it always turns out great, but I still do. I sometimes feel that I've had enough of the stress of Primary and then each Sunday afternoon I realize how sweet and precious these kids (even the big ones) are. With all of the yucky stuff going on in California and the US right now with this election I feel so blessed to spend time with these children of God. I just love to hear them sing and see their smiling (sometimes) faces. I really love the answers the CTR 5 and Sunbeam classes give each week. There's just something about the thought process of a 4 or 5 year old that I just can't help laughing (to myself of course so no one feels bad). Those of you that know me know that I don't cry. My sister and I think it's a genetic thing, but sad movies and spiritual moments don't bring tears for us. Yesterday when one 8 year old little girl sang the first verse of "I am a Child of God" and a little 4 year old recited a poem about being a child of God, I was close to tears. I loved seeing the audience really be moved by each one. I just love Primary!

5 comments:

Heather said...

we did ours last month and I was so glad to have it done. Are you the president of primary too, or should I say again.

Karalee said...

I actually did cry. I couldn't help it! During the same two you spoke of. I get emotional too easy these days.

Laura said...

i miss being in primary with you! i'm so excited that you have a blog now! i found it while i was looking at karalee's blog......
i just started one, too (we can be brave together). i think the address is loobert.blogspot.com.
my girls are begging me to let them start their own so they can keep in touch with amelia and kelsey. maybe they can use our blogs once in awhile and that will satisfy them.

Laura said...

i miss being in primary with you! i'm so excited that you have a blog now! i found it while i was looking at karalee's blog......
i just started one, too (we can be brave together). i think the address is loobert.blogspot.com.
my girls are begging me to let them start their own so they can keep in touch with amelia and kelsey. maybe they can use our blogs once in awhile and that will satisfy them.

Laura said...

oops, don't know why it posted twice. sorry...