Things have been so busy around here. We figured that we were gone the last 5 nights with something to do so we tried to stay home last night and put our feet up. We went to a special sneak peak of Cars Land at California Adventure last Saturday. I am not allowed to say anything about it (we weren't allowed to photograph anything either) until after June 15th when it officially opens so it was..... Sunday, Jim left to go out of town to work on his secret project which I can't say anything about either. Alyson, Amelia, Grandma Sharon, Grandpa Rich and I had dinner together (Mom you are a great cook) and then went to Seminary Graduation/Senior Recognition Night. Three down and one to go with Seminary. Monday night the girls wanted to go shopping for our Family Night Activity so we headed to the mall or what is left of our mall (stores close there a lot). Tuesday night Amelia performed with Valley View's Vocal Ensemble so we enjoyed the choir concert. Wednesday night was Valley View's Music Banquet and Simi High's Senior Awards night. Why do they do this to us? Both on the same night at the same time. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for helping by taking Alyson to the awards ceremony while I took Amelia to her awards ceremony. Alyson got a very heavy gold medal to wear for graduation for her 4.0 GPA. I guess they think the kids are strong from carrying all their books. Amelia got two trophies: one for being the Most Valuable Player and one for the Director's Award.
I have also been busy making a graduation dress for Alyson. It really turned out cute and she looks great in it. I will post pictures of it at graduation.
Jim comes home today, I pick Jamie, her roommate Lauren, Marc, Penny and Jaxon up at LAX tonight and all the fun begins. Julia and her dog will come home on Sunday and Grandpa Chuck and Grandma Lois come on Monday evening. 8th grade promotion is on Tuesday morning and Simi High's Graduation is on Tuesday evening. Jamie will leave on Wednesday morning to get back to school and Julia and Marc's family will be here until the 19th. Alyson and Amelia have a youth conference on Friday and Saturday of next week and Amelia goes to camp the 19th. Whew!!! What a busy couple of weeks before vacation time gets boring. I am so excited for all the family to be around. I love getting together.
No comments:
Post a Comment