Saturday, April 28, 2012

Amelia's Birthday

Amelia was really excited for her birthday this year because her orchestra was going to perform at Disneyland that day. Every year the music teacher takes his Concert Band and Concert Strings classes to Disney's Magical Music Days. She also is excited because for her present we are all going to see Coldplay in Concert at the Hollywood Bowl on May 4th. We celebrated on Thursday the 19th since we would be at Disneyland on the 20th. We had dinner with Grandma Sharon and Grandpa Rich. She requested Cafe Rio food, I have found some really good recipes for the Pork, rice, beans, and tomatillo dressing. She also got her dad to buy her a Dinosaur cake from Costco (I always say no every year that she asks, I guess she knows now to ask Dad). After we ate, there was a knock on the door and Amelia was surprised by her favorite family, the Hanks, singing to her. We invited them in for cake and it was a fun celebration. Eli, Naomi, and Libby helped her blow out the candles and even brought her a gift. It was a great 14th birthday.
I will post pictures from Disneyland when I get them from my mom.

No comments: