Last Wednesday we went on a tour of Disney Studios. Jim's mother worked in the animation department at Disney for about a year and a half (1955-1957). She was at Disneyland on opening day. She had written out her memories of working at Disney and turned them in to the Archives. We went with Jim's parents, my parents, Jim's brother and his family, and some relatives from Australia. It was really fun to see the lot and the items on display in the Archives. Alyson was thrilled to see the Pirate Medallion from Pirates of the Caribbean and Edward's sword and the poison apple from Enchanted. Amelia liked the hats on display and the Wardrobe from Chronicles of Narnia. I loved the snowglobe from Mary Poppins with little tiny birds inside. There were books full of photos from Disney history, old magazines of Disneyland, and everyone got to hold one of Walt Disney's Academy Awards. Afterwards, we walked around the studios and saw where Lois worked and the kids were excited to see the displays of their favorite Disney movies. We shopped at the store and ate lunch at the commissary.

We had a really nice visit with Bill and Diane Bohlen (Chuck's cousin and husband). Jim was able to visit with them while filming in Australia and I had never met them. We also met their daughter, son-in-law and grandson. They invited us to come visit them sometime. I am ready for that trip! I guess that catches you up on our happenings. Summer vacation is here so I will try to keep up in a more timely manner.
Julia is busy working at her gym's summer camp. She would like to do some camping this summer too. Jamie is busy with school (she is on her spring term right now) and preparing to go teach English in the Ukraine this fall. We miss them, but will see them in August for our Greenall Family Reunion.
No comments:
Post a Comment