Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Amelia & Music


The girl loves it. She plays it, sings to it, dances to it and listens to it. This year Amelia decided to enter the PTA Reflections program with a musical composition based on the theme "Together we can." She wrote a song titled "Together We Can Make Music" for the piano and violin and entered the contest. Well tonight she was awarded a prize for her song (there were 3 or 4 winners for each age group - K-2nd, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, and 9th-12th grades). In each age group a "Golden Envelope" winner was chosen and she won for the 6th-8th graders. We were very excited for her. She received a nice certificate, a plaque, and a gift card to the mall. I guess Santa came early for her. I hope she continues playing and enjoying music. Sometimes I wish I had worked and practiced more on the piano because I love music too.

1 comment:

Laura said...

wow! that is really impressive! way to go, amelia. she should tell liesel to keep practicing the piano--she's having a hard time getting motivated...