Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fun filled holiday

Jim had the day off on monday so we went and had some fun. We went go kart racing. Jim had wanted to do this for his birthday this year, but with the busy month we have had there wasn't any time. So we headed out on Monday morning to the race track. There were only a few people there and while we registered we saw two races each with about 3 people in each. I thought that seemed like a good amount of racers on the track. We dressed in our ninja attire (according to the girls) and picked out helmets and then climbed into our karts. The instructor didn't give us much instruction so I was a little worried about Amelia since she has never driven before (unless you count Autopia at Disneyland). I saw Jim giving her a little more instruction while we waited to start and then we were off. We had to go slow at first (they have control over your speed) and then all of a sudden it was fast. Jim was in front of our group and I was at the back and then suddenly someone passed me and I realized there were more racers on the track. It is really hard to see behind you in those big helmets and with the bars on the back of the kart. It was a lot of fun except the girls and I caught up to a really slow lady that we couldn't get around because she would cut us off at the turns. I think Jamie finally got around her. They are supposed to wave a colored flag at the slow people telling them to pull to the side to let someone pass, but they didn't use it on her. Jim passed us a couple of times (I guess he is more daring at passing the slow lady).
We got to pick race names. Jim was Jam'n Jim, Jamie was Trixi, Alyson was Chim Chim, Amelia was Perry, and I was #1 Mom. If you can see the picture on the right it lists the standings of the race. Jim of course was first, Jamie was third, Alyson was fourth, I was fifth and Amelia was sixth. After the race we went to lunch and then relaxed and palyed Guitar Hero for the rest of the afternoon. I love family fun time!

1 comment:

Karalee said...

What a fun family day! I'm sure driving Kelsey's barbie jeep all those years ago is what gave Amelia the edge over you in the race ;)