A few weeks ago Amelia was cleaning (supposed to be) her room and came downstairs holding her foot and saying that she stepped on something. Her foot was bleeding a little bit so I looked at it and dug at it to see what was in there. I couldn't find much, I thought I pulled a little bit of glass out. She had broken a snow globe music box a while ago and I thought maybe a little piece had been left over. I cleaned it and put a bandage on it. Well she kept complaining about her foot bothering her so I looked at it again and dug a little more, but couldn't find anything. She really didn't complain that much just every once in a while. I thought she was poking at it herself and making it irritated. Well the other day she showed me her foot and it didn't look good kind of infected a little (not really gross or anything). So I took her to the doctor. She said something was in there and she had to dig around. Now Amelia has a really, really high pain tolerance so I wasn't worried about it. The doctor kept saying "Does it hurt yet" and it wasn't hurting. She ended up pulling out a broken needle that was about 1/2 inch long. We couldn't believe it. She had been walking around with that in her foot. Ouch! Her foot feels great now and she's on antibiotics for an infection that started. Amelia is definitely my child that has the most interesting things happen to her.
2 comments:
that is so crazy! i'm cringing just thinking about it.
i love your pumpkins. very creative.
so, you're telling me i should prepare myself for saran-wrapped cars? like i've said before, i'm just sending my teenagers to you.
She now has a favorite story to tell all of her amazing ordeal. I think she feels like it was worth the pain. I guess a good writter will do just about anything for a good story!
Post a Comment